This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Access Statement for The Heaton Cooper Studio
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01539435280 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- for full details and maps of how to reach us please see the directions section of our website. Alternatively, you can plan your journey by car or public transport using a journey planning website; simply enter your postcode and ours, which is LA22 9SX to get directions.
- The nearest railway station is WINDERMERE, which is 8.8 miles (14.1km) away. Taxis are available at the station. If you require an accessible taxi you can book this in advance, see contact information for details.
- The nearest bus stop is across the road from our main entrance - ask the driver for the stop "The Village Green" Grasmere. There is a shelter and seating. The No. 599 and 555 buses service Grasmere on an hourly basis. There is more frequent bus service in the holiday season with buses from Bowness every 20 minutes.
Car Parking and Arrival
- There is limited parking on site for 8 cars and no marked Blue Badge parking spaces, which are 1.5 m 5 feet from the main entrance.
- The use of our car park is only while customers are in The Studio.
- The on site car park surface is tarmac next to the main entrance. The car park is not lit at night.
- The nearest off site car park has 120 parking spaces and is 200m/216yds from the main entrance. There is a charge of £5 for up to every 24hrs. 6 clearly marked Blue Badge parking spaces are available free of charge.
- There is a drop off point at the main entrance.
- The main entrance is level with no steps.
- Broadgate Meadow car park, Grasmere
- Short grid reference: NY 338 077 Postcode: LA22 9TA
- Broadgate Meadow car park is on the northern edge of Grasmere village. It's next to a children's playground and gives easy access to the village shops, cafes and toilets (which are 200 yds away). Pay on exit parking system:
- Payable 24 hours a day including Sundays and Bank Holidays.
- Up to 2 hours: £2 All day: £4
- Signs explain the system. You can also pay on-line up to 48 hours after you've parked at www.parkwithease.co.uk
- Stock Lane car park, Grasmere
- Short grid reference: NY 339 072 Postcode: LA22 9SJ
- You can also pay by credit card as well as in cash.
- Stock Lane car park is near the entrance to the village.
Main Entrance, Reception and Ticketing Area
- The main entrance is situated on the ground floor with step free, level access, throughout.
- The main manual door is 27 inches wide (68 cms) and can be easily opened outward to nearly double this size.
- There are two wooden chairs in this area.
- The floor surface is wood.
- The area is evenly and well lit with overhead lighting from museum quality LED lights.
Attraction (displays, exhibits, rides etc.)
- The floor surface is tile and wood in most places.
- The galleries are generally bright and well lit.
- There is one step down and one step up into the exhibition hall.
- There is no admission charge, however, a donation box is situated in the exhibition hall
- Public toilets are across the village green in College Street less than 50 m from The Studio.There is a charge of 20p.
- There is an accessible toilet and baby changing facilities.
- Toilets can also be found at Stock Lane car park again offering a disabled toilet.
- There are no public toilets available in The Studio.
- There is a shop with a range of art materials, gifts and books, which can be accessed directly from the main entrance area and when exiting the exhibition area.
- The shop is level throughout.
- There is ample room within the shop for a small wheelchair or a small mobility scooter to manoeuvre and turn.
- There are tall display racks and low tables accessible from a seated position.
- Staff can offer assistance if required.
- There are many ground floor doors for emergency exits
- Dry dogs are welcome in the Gallery and shop.
- Dogs are not allowed in the exhibition hall due to the wooden floor
- Assistance dogs are welcome everywhere
- Future building plans include a foyer which will eliminate the step into the exhibition hall.
Address (inc postcode): Broadgate, Grasmere, Cumbria, United Kingdom, LA22 9SX
Telephone: 01539 435280
Grid Reference: 337 077 OL7 Explorer Map
Hours of Operation: 9 am to 5pm except 9 am to 5.30 pm BST
Local Accessible Taxi: John's Taxi, Ambleside 01539 432857
Local Public Transport: Stagecoach Buses, www.stagecoachbus.com Stagecoach Kendal Depot 01539 722143 First Trans Pennine Trains www.tpexpress.co.uk www.tpexpress.co.uk/contact-us