Cummock Water was William's most favourite place in the world, and here is one of several different views he painted of it throughout his lifetime. The fells on each side of the lake descend towards the lake in the steepest moving curves, with Melbreak, Red Pike, High Stile and High Crag on the right, and the distinctive Rannerdale Knott standing impressively on the left, beyond the grassy moorland.
"The fells which surround Crummock Water are much less wild and rugged in their contour than the other groups of Lake mountains. They are almost like so many vast heaps, and yet so graceful, and at the same time impressive, are they in their groupings, and so effectively is the shore of the lake indented, that Crummock justly challenges admiration as one of the most beautiful of our lakes"
Inner Print Sizes:
- Framed - 387 x 328mm / 15.2 x 12.9 inches (Inner Print: 242 x 182mm / 9.5 x 7.2 inches).
- Mounted - 356 x 299mm / 14 x 11.8 inches (Inner Print: 242 x 182mm / 9.5 x 7.2 inches).
- Frame & Canvas dimensions may vary slightly due to the slight variations frame width.
- Please allow +/- 5% on all measurements to allow for human error when measuring, rounding & conversions. For an exact measurement of your desired frame, please contact us.
- Canvas Prints do include the frame and come as seen in the photo.
- Canvas frames may vary slightly in color. If you’re ordering multiple canvases or already have a canvas and would like the frame to match, please get in touch.
- Loose Print sizes are the size of the inner picture. All loose prints come with an additional white border, ranging from 30mm to 85mm depending on the print size. This can easily be cut off with a ruler and knife.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.