In The Sustainable Home, interiors writer and photographer Ida Magntorn shows how to create a harmonious, beautiful and functional home that is sustainable in the long run. Taking inspiration from real homes, and following the motto reuse, reduce, recycle - Ida shares new ways to think when decorating - combining low environmental impact with individual style.
Room by room, she offers practical and positive advice to create a greener home, including:
- Clever ways to eco-boost the kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, living room and laundry
- Choosing natural paint colours and lighting that will save energy and boost your mood
- Where to find great second-hand furniture (and best options if you buy new)
- Inspiration for changing up your décor without buying anything
- How to go on a plastic diet
- A guide to locally sourced plants and flowers to green your air and how to propagate them
- How to make your own cleaning products without chemicals
- How to sort your waste
Big changes and small tweaks sit side by side, with the aim to make everyday life as free from toxins and as eco-friendly as possible. Illustrated throughout with photographs of homes that are both sustainable and aesthetically pleasing, going beyond Scandi minimalism to show elements of industrial and natural, pops of colour and hints of maximalism.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.